6 Best Homeopathic Medicines for Sciatica Pain Treatment
What is sciatica?
Before going to tell about sciatica it is important to know in a brief about our nervous system. Our nervous system is divided into two parts– 1) The Central Nervous System, 2) the Peripheral Nervous System. The central nervous system consists of brain and the spinal cord, and the Peripheral Nervous System consist of 12 cranial nerves and 31 pairs of spinal nerves and ganglia.
The spinal cord is the continuation of the brain begins at the base of neck to goes downwards almost bottom of the spine. The spinal cord lies protected within the vertebral column, a chain of small discoid shaped bones called vertebra, which are separated by intervertebral discs. The portion of the spine at the neck areas is called cervical spine, at the central part of your back called thoracic spine , at your lower back portion called lumbar spine; further goes down to the end called as sacral and coccygeal part.
In humans there are 31 pairs of spinal nerve: 8 cervical, 12 thoracic, 5 lumbar, 5 sacral, and 1 coccygeal. The all spinal nerves emerge from the spinal cord through inter vertebral foramen, the narrow space formed by the two vertebrae. The cervical spinal nerves supply the nerve to both of the arm, neck and part of back portion. Similarly the thoracic spinal nerves supply to the upper back, chest and abdomen. The lumbar spinal nerves supply to both of the lower legs.
The sciatic nerve basically consist of 5 nerves roots, one of the large nerve fiber that begins from the lumbar spine and passes deep into the buttock area runs down to the thigh and to lower limb. Sciatica pain is the pain that felt over the areas supplied by the sciatica nerve i.e the sciatica pain starts from the lower back to behind the thigh and can radiate down ward below the knee. Sciatica most commonly occurs when the sciatica nerve is compressed by the slipped disc or narrowing of the spine.
What are the symptoms of sciatica?
- Pain originating from lower back portion radiate down wards behind the thigh to lower leg along the nerve pathway.
- The pain is burning or tingling that traverse downwards
- Sometimes shooting pain makes difficult to stand or walk
- Numbness feeling of the whole leg
- Pain is more when standing
- The pain is more while lifting weights, bending forward, coughing, sneezing, and straining at stool.
What causes the sciatica?
- Herniated disc – The disc which lies in between the two vertebra acts like a cushion that manage the body weight over the vertebra. At the old age due to the aging effect the disc get hardened and cracked so its central soft substances push out and form bulgy projection that compromises the spinal canal through which spinal nerve emerge out from spinal cord. When that herniated bulge compress the sciatica nerve root it causes sciatica pain
- Spondylolisthesis – In this case the vertebra slips forward onto the bone directly beneath it and compress the spinal nerve root which result sciatica pain. The spondylolisthesis can be occur in child hood as a result of birth defect or injury. During many outdoor sports like football, volley ball, basket ball the over stretched of the back muscles that hold the lower vertebra may cause spondylolisthesis.
- Radiculopathy – it is the pinching of the spinal nerve by the rough surface of its surrounding bone and cartilage result from wear and tear by the aging process that may put pressure on the spinal nerve root and develop sciatica pain.
- Pregnancy – pregnancy also cause pain in back due to over stretched of back muscles by the increasing size of uterus.
Best 6 homeopathy medicines for sciatica
Rhus tox – Rhustox can be given for sciatica pain if the following symptoms present
- Pain over the back portion while standing from sitting position.
- Pain is more over back portion and thigh while starting to walk after prolonged sitting condition
- Pain at the morning when waking up from bed
- Pain is more on damp rainy weather
- Pain is relieved by any warm application
- There is cramping with mild burning pain from the lower back to knee
- The pain on the affected part is felt more when walking or stooping
- There is constipation tendency associated with sciatica pain
- It is also a good remedy if there is more back pain than the leg portion associates with hemorrhoid
- Frequent Pain in calves of legs and feet felt when in bed.
- Intense pain along the sciatic nerve from hip to calves muscles.
- There is numbness alternates with pain.
- Pain is slightly feel better when drawing the limbs up or flexing thigh on abdomen
Colocynth – These are the following symptoms for colocynth to give in sciatica
- The back pain originate from lower back portion and traverse down ward
- The back pain as though screwed in a vice on the affected parts
- The pain is little relieved by massage on the affected part
- There is cramping sharp neuralgic pain from hip to knee or even to lower parts.
- The pain is more from hip to lower end of leg.
- The pain comes suddenly when putting the step on the floor after a sitting position
- The back pain is relieved by warm application
- There severe cramping with neuralgic type pain in whole of the sciatica portion
- There is severe excoriating pain in lower back of thigh which makes the patient cry out with pain
- There is feeling of numbness of the legs and foot
- The pain is worse if given warm application and in night
- Any sort irritation or anger triggers the pain more
I have a degenerate dise L4S1 because of that my right leg pain sciatic nerve from lower back till feet there any advice can you kindly please
SEARCH IN BLOGS
6 Best Homeopathic Medicines for Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
Dec 08, 2016
Natural Homeopathic Medicines for Osteoarthritis Treatment
Dec 08, 2016
Effective Homeopathy Treatment for Carpal tunnel Syndrome
Dec 07, 2016
Homeopathic Medicines for Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
Dec 06, 2016
6 Best Homeopathic Medicines for Arthritis, Joints Pain, Rheumatism
Dec 06, 2016